Support me on Ko-Fi!

Friday, January 27, 2017

A quick rest (Anna)

Pure random fluffiness. Just to have something relatively happy.

The sun is setting behind the buildings, it's around 5:00. It's rather interesting to watch, in Markarth The city of Stone the sun sets behind the tall spires that are carved into the ancient valley. Rivers run through the city and underneath the stone walkways, that's why the inside of the keep is warmer than other places that need to be kept warm by large fires. It's an interesting city, I think to myself as I lean against the window sill. The city was built by the dwarves, the Dwemer, miners and craftsmen- “Anna?” Aaand back to reality I go with a tap on my shoulder. I turn around and Farkas holds up a stack of papers and waves it around “We still have a bunch of paperwork to do my friend and it won't go any faster by looking out the window daydreaming.” I turn around and look at the table, it's nearly overflowing with paperwork. “But whyyyy” I groan over dramatically falling backwards and laying with my hands behind my head. I glance to my right, Farkas is looking at me with his arms crossed, but he doesn't seem mad. He puts the stack of papers down and walks over to the alcove where I am and sits down next to me after I move my legs. He sighs and takes one of my hands and looks out the window onto the street below, we sit in silence for a few minutes “What do you wanna do now? Enough work for one day?” He asks and I shrug “Yeah I'm done. We've been doing this since around ten o'clock in the morning, so seven or more hours.” Farkas falls over next to me and lays on his side, “Hi”. I laugh slightly “hi.” He rolls onto his back and pulls me on top of him. I lay against him, listening to his breathing- it's slow and even, and if I listen closely, I can hear his heartbeat. We lie in silence, not quite asleep, but not completely awake. My eyes drift close after a last look out the window. We've been busy the entire day, I guess a quick rest is alright.



No comments:

Post a Comment