Support me on Ko-Fi!

Friday, November 1, 2019

Senior year!

Today’s my first college deadline of the year- Yikes!

So far senior year has been much less stressful academically than junior year and health wise, about the same. Sometimes a bit better- not really worse, just...different.

My classes are all going well, I somehow still manage to have all A range grades a term into the year hooray! Anatomy and physiology is my favorite course, partly due to my quirky, hilarious, but very intelligent teacher, and partly because for me it is a rather easy course...I’ve got a bit of personal knowledge on the subject matter I guess you could say. I’ve even been helping the honors level students when they have questions, particularly on the nervous system. World literature has been interesting, a fair amount of essays but much better reading material than the past three years combined. Spanish is more singing and dancing than I’d like at 8:30 in the morning but it’s overall tolerable, it’s only a year after all. Math isn’t bad per say...the teacher is just much more rules oriented and a bit boring in comparison to the teacher I had the last two years. And thankfully no history required course this year so I actually have some free blocks! Including a 1:30 PM day instead of leaving st the normal 2:30 for this semester :) Drawing and Painting as expected is a blast, we’ve done some compromises to accommodate my Dystonia such as using adobe illustrator and oil pastels instead of scratchboard to make both a digital and tactical traditional piece. Wind ensemble is interesting as we have a section to corral between myself and two other seniors, our director did something nice for once and submitted my name for “Outstanding student” I will be in the newspaper for that! Our new TA/1:1 in learning center is much much much better than last years, still not Ms Suitor level but definitely better. We also have a nurse who fills in when the TA is out sick and can keep an eye on me, does my poor special educator a big favor. I just sent off some of my college applications and portfolio today for early action applications, I should know around December and will keep you all updated, and the same for when I receive notice about my regular decision applications. So starts a new step in the “Navigating the education system with a complex disability” journey!!

Until next time,
Max

No comments:

Post a Comment