Support me on Ko-Fi!

Saturday, January 12, 2019

2018 year in review

Well we've started a new year, and for the past few years I've done an annual year in review to kick off the new one. Happy 2019, let's look back on 2018 month by month.

January:
-Got my Roger System and tried it for the first time
-Finished my self portrait made of dots
-I was sick
-There was a little bit of writing
-Lots of art
-OC!Cats exist now???
-Comic work was revived and still continues off and on

February:
-I was still sick
-My cousins bar mitzvah was enjoyable
-One of my best friends, Jordan, sent me some paper dolls of Phillip, Anna, and Valan and I love them so so so much
-Wind Ensemble audition practice was in full swing and I didn't have much time to write
-A lot of vent art happened
-Valan/Yuuri is semi canonical I guess
-Xavier needs a nap

March:
I explained on my personal IG (@maxstock2020) #whyIsign and about my hearing loss and my relation to D/deaf culture
-My 17th birthday came and went
-My polycystic ovarian syndrome and kidney cyst got worse
-Ali made another appearance
-March was not a good month overall
-Ms Suitor gave me a bag of kitkats for my birthday which was really nice

April:
-Wind Ensemble Auditions and results!!
-Wrote my first thesis on the holocaust and war psychology/impact on civilians
-More art particularly watercolours
-Started on character references
-Valan mostly took up April
-Depression spiral toward late April

May:
-Sammie's Birthday
-I went to the zoo
-Takayama explains about his kids
-Fluff! Lots of fluff!!
-My hearing got worse

June:
-Fluff
-Angst
-Deaf culture explanations
-No more school
-Ms Suitor left
-Band played for graduation

July:
-I saw Jordan quite a few times
-Hung out at the MFA for some classes
-More character references
-More fluff
-Temporary hiatus

August:
-We brought Winston to college
-Chicago was fun
-More MFA classes
-School Started
-More fluff and angst
-Started working as a silverware polisher at a resturant and quickly made friends with the chefs who call me the silverware fairy and give me free dinner

September:
-Less writing as school got into full swing
-Ali gets a Birthday party
-Some more references
-We get a new medical lead

October:
-Participated in Inktober for the first time
-Was sick a lot
-Got approval for a new HA
-Issy Appriciation week occurred

November:
-Sickness
-So Much Sickness
-Headaches and seizures and blurry vision ended up with an ER trip
-Everan needs a hug

December:
-The break was much needed
-School is stressful
-Writing is happening
-Lots and lots of art (my art Instagram is @thedisc0panda if you would like to follow and see more of my artwork)

No comments:

Post a Comment