Support me on Ko-Fi!

Saturday, February 27, 2021

Sleepless night (Farkas)

Four word summary; Anxiety and Insomnia suck

Have a short drabble;

 I don’t sleep well, never have. Nightmares, intrusive thoughts and general insomnia plague my mind. Beast blood doesn’t make it any better, if anything it exacerbates it, and so simply; I don’t sleep. Under normal circumstances that would kill anybody without sleep long enough, but for all its struggles, beast blood has its perks. And so instead, I find ways to pass the time. Reading, cleaning up, this and that to keep myself busy. 

One night while sitting at my desk looking over a bit very interesting bit of paper work I hear a knock on my door and faint shuffling behind it. “Come in.” I call putting down my pen and the door opens silently, a small head peaks in, pale, with blonde tousled hair. It’s Anna, of course it’s Anna, after all she’s the only blonde here...besides Tovar that it. “You can come in, you know.” And Anna pushes the door open fully “I can’t sleep.” She says softly with a slight pout and walks in dragging her blanket behind her. “So? What do you want me to do about it?” Anna stops and thinks for a moment before looking at the bed briefly, and back to me “Can I sleep with you?” She asks closing the door. I think for a moment “I have some work I need to get done first, but why not. You can try and sleep I’ll probably be maybe twenty minutes at the most.” Anna gives me a soft smile and practically falls into bed “I don’t know how you deal with this whole not sleeping thing all the time, must be exhausting.” Anna remarks curling up under the covers “Exhausting is definitely one way to describe it.” I reply turning off the light closest to the bed and go back to my paperwork, glancing over every so often just to check, before finishing and quickly getting ready for bed.

My best efforts not to disturb her fail, as I lay down I find out she is still in fact awake, if quite sleepy. Anna curls up against me and pulls her blanket closer “I don’t like nightmares.” She mumbles softly “Nightmares are scary.” I pat her head softly “Did you have a nightmare? Is that why you came to find me?” Anna nods and begins to say something but falters off as she falls asleep. I lay there for awhile, the warmth puts me at ease, and for once allows me too to sleep without trouble. 

No comments:

Post a Comment