Support me on Ko-Fi!

Saturday, February 17, 2024

Fash Fiction February 2024 Day 17: Darkening Of The Heart (Juliette)

A/N; Baurus is a wonderful character, that is all.

Prompt: His grief he will not forget; but it will not darken his heart, it will teach him wisdom.

Baurus is someone I greatly admire, for a variety of reasons, one of the prime ones being his courage and strength of heart. I first met the Blade when he was first brought to Cloud Ruler Temple as a young teenager as Jauffre’s protege. At first he struggled to adjust to the cold climate so far from the sea and warm sands of Hammerfell and the Iliac Bay, a feeling that I too encountered, having grown up just across the bay in Daggerfall. When he received his appointment to the Emperor's Guard I think the only person happier than Jauffre was me, perhaps closely followed by Caius Cosades, the now former Imperial Spymaster for Morrowind- a position that has since been taken over by Valan. In a way that is similar to Valan, actually, Baurus has a certain strength of character when faced against adversity. In the wake of the assassination of the Emperor and the hunt for the Heir, who I hear is a bastard currently living as a monk somewhere in the west of the country and entirely unaware of his heritage, Baurus has been remarkably collected. Far more than I would be if I were in his position. His grief he will not forget, but it will not darken his heart, it will teach him wisdom. That is more than I can say for many who have lived through such experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment