Support me on Ko-Fi!

Monday, November 21, 2016

Questions, Questions, Questions (Alice)

Crossover done from the perspective of my awesome friend Ender-Chan's OC Alice Alder.

Summery: Alice ends up in the hospital and meets with a psychologist.

I run through this strange city, it's built on a system of canals and there is many arch ways, the buildings are made of stone, and wood in poorer parts. I need to get home, my mother will probably yell at me if I'm late. I run to the docks and into two people. My legs go slack and one of them grabs me before I fall. I look around with hazed vision before it all falls away.


I wake up in a dimly lit room. There is the same two people from the docks, they blend into the dark like shadows, except for one of them, the smaller one, their hair sticks out. It's the color of blood and goes to around his shoulders, a bit shorter. Both are wearing hooded trench coats and have swords by their sides. Their arguing about something. The taller one with the dark hair drags the other one out of the room by the ear,”ow. oww. owwwwwww” he says. A nurse comes in “Hello Alice, how are you?” I look at her “H-how do you know my name?” She points out to the two people in the hallway “Mr. Velothi and Ms. Arryn identified you at the docks.” I look at the people and back at the nurse “I've never met those people, I haven't heard of them either. All I remember was I was trying to get home from school, and there was a flash, and I ended up here. Where is here anyways?” The nurse writes some things down “Here is Morrowind. You are on the continent of Tamriel. You likely traveled through a portal that randomly appear, due to either a Mage calling it to action or disturbance in magical energy. It's a simple fix and you'll be home in no time. And those two out there, Valan Velothi and Samantha Arryn, some kind of wizards or something. I know Ms. Arryn is noble born, House Arryn up in the mountains, small group and keep to themselves mostly. As for mr. Velothi, dunno much ‘bout him. He came from Cyrodil on a boat, exiled some say, turns out he's part of a prophecy, Nerevarine he's called. I know both of them fairly well. Valan can't see well, so we see him down here from time to time, and Sammies always tagging along.” The nurse talks as she changes the fluids. “Now we found your school files and it includes a note from your band conductor Steve Lowell about recommending you a psychology evaluation so someone will be down in a little while. Would you like anything to eat?” I shake my head, the nurse smiles and exits the room. Those other two people, Valan and Samantha, they must have left. I sit in the bed looking around the room then the door opens and a young woman dressed in a grey dress comes in, she introduces herself “Hello Alice, my name is Doctor Shelder, I'm going to be your psychologist for the time being. Is it alright if I ask you some questions?” I nod “yes that's fine.” She smiles and takes out some paper and a pen “Alright, let's get to it. Do you ever feel like you're hopeless, like you feel depressed?” I think for a moment “umm, I mean sometimes if I'm with my mom and stuff. And if I don't do well on my schoolwork.” She writes some things down, the pen scrawling across the paper “What's your home life like?” I take a breath “Not very good, my mom yells at me a lot and calls me a failure and that I'll never be a good musician.” I always wondered, what's it like to have a family who actually loves you? I guess I'll never know. “And you mentioned school? How is that going?” I sit up and adjust the pillow behind me “It's okay, I have a few friends. Band is my favorite, Steve is really nice, he was my director last year. He even made me lunch once.” Doctor Shelder smiles “That's nice that you have a teacher who cares that much. And how are your grades?” I think, what were my grades? Hmm. “They are average I'd say.” She nods and then reads the next question “Would you say that you're Anxious most of the time?” I nod vigorously “isn't being anxious just a normal part of life?” I ask, Doctor Shelder doesn't answer. “The nurse told me she found scars on your arms. May I see them.” I roll up my sleeves and show the fading scars and some that are fresh. She runs a hand along them, inspecting the silver scars and red welts where the fresh ones are tender and puffy. “Are these done by you? Did you cut your arms yourself?” I solemnly nod yes. Doctor Shelder takes a breath and then goes back and sits down, writing more things on the pad of paper. “Why do you cut your arms, and your wrists? Or why do you think you do so?” I look down at my arms, lines of scars run horizontally along them spaced a few centimeters apart. “I think I cut myself...because sometimes I just feel so terrible, about everything. That I'm a failure, I'm stupid, I'm a nobody, I just can't cope with it all, and- so I cut myself. Why do you care?” I don't look at her, focusing on counting the silver lines. “I care, because it's not good to hurt yourself, in any way. I want to help you Alice. Your an amazing, intelligent, girl. I want to help you, and so do the other people that care about you.” I roll my sleeves down and look at her “Thank you, Doctor Shelder.” She packs up her things and leaves the room “I will be back later today likely, I just need to set up some other tests with another patient and I'll be back with a plan, okay?” She waits before leaving, “Okay.” I say, and she leaves the room.


I sleep then, my mind wanders, I wake to a sight of a foreign solar system traveling before my eyes, the planets are labeled, Nirn, Masser, Secunda, Akatosh, Kynareth, Julianos, Arkay, Mara, Stendarr, Zenithar, and Dibella. Surrounding these planets is a dark part with various small stars each one looks different, some are brighter than others, there are sixteen that I count. Moonshadow, SnakeMount, Viles-Realm, Apocrypha, The Hunting Grounds, Ashpit, Deadlands, Coldharbour, The Colored Rooms, The Scuttling Void, Evergloam, Peryites-Pits, Misty-Grove, The Shivering Isles, and Quagmire. These places don't sound very nice. And on the outer part of these lie four small planets, Sovngarde, Mantellan-Crux, Sand-Behind-The-Stars, and The Far Shores. Those places sound nice, except for the second one. I look over to my left, and see the same person from earlier, the smaller one, Valan. He looks at me, at least I think he is “Your awake.” He says calmly, I nod. The solar system falls away as if disappearing by magic. “Did you make that?” He nods “Fairly simple spell, conjures a picture of what you think of, when your done, cast the same spell on it and it goes away.” I blink “Are you a wizard?” He shrugs “Kinda, Spellsword more really. Use a sword when I need to, and magic when I need to, and sometimes both.” I look at him “I've never met a wizard before.” He grins “You have now.”


We talk more when his friend comes, their a wizard too. We talk until the nurses come and Doctor Shelders back. She brought alone some colleges, it's the same thing over and over again. Questions, questions, questions. I just want to go home.


Until next time,Max

No comments:

Post a Comment