Support me on Ko-Fi!

Monday, March 13, 2017

An afternoon well spent (Phillip)

Prompt: Caitlin and Landon had a fandub channel, which was aptly dubbed "Caitlin and Landon". Phillip found it after looking up some music and decides to listen to some of their covers and read their comments.

Re-Education: Akane/Freya ver. for English and Kradness/Reol for Japanese

World Domination-How To: Original for Japanese and SirHamnet for English

Terrorism: Rin's original (Caitlin's version) and Akatin's cover (Landon's version)

I sit back in my chair and open my laptop, scrolling through the tab bar, directly past the 457 unread emails and open Google. Plugging in the headphones I think of what to type in. The door to the building opens and I look up to see who it is. “What are you doing?” Daniel asks dropping his bag by the door and kicking it out of the way before walking over and sitting on my desk, leaning over to get a better view of the computer screen. “Give me a music recommendation I'm bored and procrastinating.” He looks at me with a blank expression goes to say something then pauses. “What's in it for me?” I tap my foot as I try to think of something. What do college students like? What do overtired people like? “I'll buy you coffee after school?” I offer Daniel. He extends his hand and shakes mine “You have a deal. Now what music do you like?” I move back and forth, fidgeting as I think of what I actually listen to. “I dunno, Videogame soundtracks, Celtic music...Don't judge me Daniel you have like 5 albums. Aaaaa uhhh, Panic! At the Disco, Fallout Boy, Vocaloid, that kind of stuff.” Daniel nods “Look up vocaloid and see what comes up.” I type it into the search bar and click the first video that comes up. World is Mine - Hatsune Miku the title reads. Daniel looks at me and gives three hand signals, good? Bad? Alright? I give a thumbs up for good and he grins. After the song ends the two of us scroll through YouTube in order to find another song, and eventually we do. Re-Education is the name of the song, as the video starts two people come on the screen and my eyes widen. It's Landon and Caitlin! I scroll down and look at the channel title, “Caitlin and Landon” . I didn't know that the two had a YouTube channel. The cover starts, wow these two are really good! I knew Caitlin could sing but she can really sing! Or could really sing I guess. Daniel takes the computer from its place in my lap and scrolls down to the comments section, diligently reading through it. “If only you could be so absorbed in your enchanting materials and ethics readings” I muse with a slight laugh, earning a glare in reply. “It's not my fault that you and Ms. Mac assign such long boring readings.” I scoff “And that's mostly Miss Mac, because remember I'm only in your class two days a week, sometimes even less. When I teach your classes you do Labs and fun stuff. But that can easily change.” I say with a faux grin. Daniel points a finger at me “you wouldn't Phillip. You wouldn't be that cruel.” He shakes his head at me. “Give me my computer back and I won't.” He hands the laptop back to me “Thank you.” I say and he rolls his eyes. Looking further down the page, past the description and towards a string of comments. I guess Caitlin liked Kaomoji, never knew that.

A User: Both of you are so talented!
Caitlin: Wow, thank you! ♪♡°▽°♡♪
Landon: I told you to stop it with the kaomoji.
Caitlin: No. ( ̄▽ ̄)/♫•*¨*•.¸¸♪
Landon: (╯°益°)╯彡┻━┻

“Did you read it?” Daniel leans over and cranes his neck as he tries to see. I nod “I have to agree with that user who commented. Both of them are very talented.” I wonder how many other people in minecraft know about this channel, and Caitlin's talent, Landon's too. As it seems like all people do to Landon is blame him and make derogatory remarks about a stupid, terrible thing he did in the past. Don't they understand someone can change? My laptop makes a sound and brings me away from that train of thought, it's a reminder that my mum will be working late tonight, as she'll be working with kids on the inpatient floor. She's a child and adolescent psychologist. And my Mom works in Pediatric nursing. Daniel hops off of my desk and walks over to the coat rack and grabs his coat, scarf, and book-bag then checks his watch. “Phillip I have to go I'll see you later, meet me downtown in I don't know, an hour or two, so around 4:00 maybe?” He opens the door and stands in the doorway “Okay, that's fine. Now go to class, get outa here.” I shoo him out the door with a smile and he closes the door behind him. I get up and plug my computer in, looking out the window onto the courtyard. “Well that was an afternoon well spent” I think to myself as I watch the snow start to fall and see the students wander through the slushy paths. Now about that stack of papers...


I wrote this quickly during my Study hall and lunch so it's not as long as it could be but it's done.

Until next time,
Max

3 comments:

  1. I love this.

    (Give me a prompt!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :)

      Prompt:
      Landon wakes up in the middle of the night to a doorbell ringing and finds a certian redhead and his brunette companion at his front door (Xavier and Juliette) standing in the rain looking at him blankly. What Landon does is up to you.

      Alternate prompt:
      Alarian goes to visit Jordan to check on Liz's progress and see how Alex is. They end up explaining Liz's and their backstory to Jordan after he asks some questions on how Liz got the way she is (dented and covered in blood stains ext)

      Delete
    2. Sneak Peek:

      "This award," our principal declared, "is different from all other awards." He says that about every award, but it's all the same. Who's in twenty different activities? Who has a solid 9999.0 unweighted GPA? Who can put up the veneer and not let it crack at all costs?

      Delete