Support me on Ko-Fi!

Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Agony (Valan) [Sickfic part 2]

I got sick again (It's been a month why can't I be healthy again?!) so that's why this is rather short.


“Put this under your tongue.” Sammie sticks a thermometer in my mouth and holds it in place. After a minute or two it beeps. “102.3” she reads, I slump my shoulders and frown. Of course I had to get sick! Is being healthy and actually mentally stable for once too much to ask? Apparently it is. I fall into bed with a sigh. Sammie pulls the covers up and goes to get a cold compress. I start having a coughing fit that hurts so much it feels like I'm about to cough up a lung. I retch and a mixture of vomit and saliva fills my mouth, I quickly get out of bed and rush to the bathroom. I throw up again, and again until finally there is nothing more to expel. I cough and throw up once more. Finally my insides cease to churn and I fall over panting. I sit leaning against the bath trying to refocus my vision and distract myself from the remaining nausea. Talvas, Neloth's apprentice walks in then, stares at me, and walks back out into the hallway. “Sam!!!!” He yells but gets no answer in reply and so tries again. Talvas comes back with Sammie and Yuuri in tow, they stand in the doorway and look me up and down and grimace, at least Yuuri does, when I gag and dry heave. “You look terrible.” Talvas remarks and I glare at him “Oh yeah you don't say.” Yuuri steps past him and kneels down, checking my vital signs. “Sammie?” He asks and Sam looks at him. “Can you go get my bag from the other room?” She leaves and comes back momentarily, tossing him the worn and slightly breaking bag. Yuuri digs through it as I watch in an exhausted daze, my head throbs from pain almost like a migraine, but worse. He eventually finds what he was looking for and talks to the others, I can tell he's saying something, I just can't tell what, black dots begin to dot my vision and I take a deep breath as I loose sudden control of my muscles and go slack, passing into an unconscious state with a thud.

“Valan...Valan...Valan!” I open my eyes, Yuuri stands over me waving his hand. I sit up and realize I'm back in my bed. How did I get here? Last thing I remember I blacked out after a vomiting episode. Something falls into my lap, it's cold and slightly damp, I pick it up. It's a cold compress, that makes sense. “How do you feel?” I look at Samantha who stands next to the bedside table. “Want an honest answer?” I ask and she nods. “Like shit.” I say flatly and she gives me a halfhearted grin, “I was expecting you to say something like that.” I fall back against my pillow again and turn my head to them “What am I sick with anyways?” Yuuri looks through his notes until he finds the correct page “A flare up of Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome accompanied by a respiratory infection, chronic fatigue, and vomiting spells, which relate to the above syndrome.” He reads. I look at him with wide eyes. Yuuri looks at me “Basically you caught a bad cold which flared up everything and causes you total agony. You'll be out of commision for at least a week. Sorry Valan.” I dramatically sigh “There's always something am I right Sammie?” She laughs and agrees. I guess this is what happens when you've got a respiratory and autoimmune system that likes to rage quit on a regular basis, I'm just used to it by now. I begin to feel sleepy and my eyes slowly drift closed I feel Sam move a strand of hair out of my face and whisper something that I don't make out, I'm already asleep. A welcome change from the agony I was in earlier.

2 comments:

  1. Colds wreaking havoc are my favorite sickfics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here. Also I relate as a cold has been wreaking havoc on me for the past month and won't go away!

      Delete