Support me on Ko-Fi!

Saturday, March 27, 2021

Quarantine birthday 2.0: Electric Boogaloo



 Hello friends, readers, and all others who stumble upon this blog,


Today is my 20th birthday. While in many regards I’m rather happy to have even made it to 20 years old (and if you’re new here, my body attempts to destroy itself roughly every 6 months in a variety of fashions- though usually respiratory is the method of choice) and to be safe amidst this pandemic, I can’t help but feel a bit sad. While I am sure everyone is feeling lonely, lately I have felt very alone- as of March 8th it’s been over a year since I saw any of my friends, or even been in contact with most of them, while I’ve certainly tried to reach out in a way I’ve been “ghosted” by many. It is understandable, this pandemic is draining, Uni is tough no matter if you’re in person or remote, but I can’t help but feel that a simple text back saying “hi” would be nice, or at least confirmation that my message is received. I never thought I would be exiting my teen years and beginning my 20s alone with the exception of being around my immediate family, that being said, I should be getting my vaccine in the next week or two- and hopefully then I’ll be able to actually see my friends in some fashion. Now just to get through the remainder of the semester- 9 more weeks to go, 


If I had a nickle for every birthday I spent in quarantine I’d have two nickels. Which isn’t a lot, but it’s weird that it’s happened twice.


Happy birthday to me I guess?



Until next time,

Max

No comments:

Post a Comment