Support me on Ko-Fi!

Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Love Letter (Talvas)

 A prompt from April's writing challenge that I never got around to posting that month, this is just gay pining and sass, enjoy! I'll be busy recovering from surgery that was done yesterday to remove some sketchy lymph nodes so hopefully I'll be able to get through some of my WIP list!


“Well what do we have here- a letter?” Valan asks picking up the piece of paper, nosy as always. I doubt he can actually read it, and is more doing it for a reaction, and he succeeds in getting one as I grab the paper out of his hands telling him it’s private. He might have otherwise free run of the place but my personal property is not included in that, he can go rifle through Neloth’s personal belongings if he wants, I don’t care, but hands off my stuff. “Fine, fine, I wouldn’t be able to read it anyways the prints too small…but someone’s awfully defensive hmm?” Crossing my arms I silently stare at him for awhile before deciding I’ve had enough of this and need a break, grabbing my coat and proceed to attempt to leave. “What’re you doing- where are you going?” Valan asks as I walk over toward the landing to the second floor and descend to the entryway “Somewhere!” is the only reply he gets as I leave the building shutting the door forcefully behind me. There aren’t many places to go on this island, so raven rock will suffice, it’s got food, warm buildings not full of insane wizards with actual beds, and the author of said letter, and that’s a trio I can’t complain about. The walk though- that’s something to rant about. Trudging through the ash I get to the bulwark just as the sun is setting and the Redoran guard let me through without trouble, they’ve seen me enough here with Neloth that they recognize me. Most shops are closed by now and since I’d skipped lunch the most logical option is to head toward the inn. Stepping inside I take off my hood and scarf and plop down in a chair at the table where Teldryn, the author of the earlier letter, sits quietly reading. “Let me guess, Neloth got on your nerves so you decided to escape?” He asks, not looking up from the book “Valan actually for a change, being nosy.” That gets a brief laugh sounding noise out of him and we discuss the incident in further detail for awhile as I wait for Drovas to bring my dinner and as I eat, it’s been awhile since I had something that wasn’t apple-cabbage stew and canis root tea. After dinner is finished we sit and continue to chat paying no mind to the quickly emptying inn as the hour grows late and patrons head home, those who don’t live in the inn itself, that is. Teldryn doesn’t have that problem given the fact he rents a room from Geldis, and as fatigue begins to overtake me that room is sounding better by the second. Sleepiness combined with pure exhaustion sets in quickly and so taking me by the hand Teldryn leads me down the steps and to the little room at the end of the hall, closing the door behind him after bidding Geldis goodnight. Luckily I’m still lucid enough to handle getting dressed on my own, but immediately after fall face down into the bed. “When did you go to bed last night, Talvas?” I’m asked as my hair is played with softly “6:00” I reply, usually I’d be more concerned, or at least embarrassed, but I’m past the point of caring. “In the morning?!” I’m asked for clarification and nod weakly in reply, yes, six in the morning, and that’s not the latest time I’ve gone to bed this week…it’s been a long week. Teldryn sighs, a mix of not quite disappointment and perhaps frustration, before getting back up to get changed and ready for bed himself, rejoining me shortly after. Out of habit I roll and move myself closer until I’m pulled into a tight but comforting hug of sorts. Now if I fall asleep immediately I should get hopefully at least seven hours of sleep in a row, and that would be a record for this week, if I’m to be honest. Unfortunately for me, things do not go according to plan, and I wake up an hour or two later feeling rather awful. Noticing the change Teldryn wakes up and after asking what’s wrong also puts a hand to my forehead briefly, much to my confusion. “You’re a bit warm, not quite a fever but definitely warmer than you should be- want some water?” Now that he mentions it I do feel rather warm, particularly my cheeks which I’m assuming must be some shade of red. Combined with the fact I almost certainly don’t drink enough water I accept the offer and down the glass and half of another one rather quickly after receiving them, and it helps as much as it can making me comfortable enough to go back to sleep without trouble. Whatever it was must have temporarily altered my mental state as upon waking in the morning, or more accurately afternoon, I’m told I had quite a bit to say about that letter incident, and more about the letter itself, possibly even revealing I keep them locked away in a special chest with some other special possessions to look at when sad. But contrary to my expectation, that was only met with endearment instead of the mocking I was expecting. Feeling better after as good a nights sleep as I'll get and breakfast with actual substance I’m sent off on my way, now I’ll just spend my days fixing staffs, taming ash guardians, and awaiting another letter.

No comments:

Post a Comment