Support me on Ko-Fi!

Thursday, June 6, 2024

A Much Needed Self Care Day (Naomi)

A/N: I remembered Naryu's fondness of bubble baths the other night for no reason so happy pride month have the two people you would never expect to be friends having a spa day.

Prompt: Self care

Never in my life would I have expected to run into a Morag Tong agent of all people, nevertheless one searching and trying to stop a plague, or one who I would later find out to be fond of bubble baths. Despite all my expectations, here I am, lounging around with one on a much needed self care day. “After all that nonsense with the plague, the maulborn, and the Jarl, this is exactly what I needed. Don’t you think, darling?” The assassin asks me as she sinks into the bubbling water. “Absolutely.” Is my only response as I close my eyes and let myself relax. Going to one of the hot springs was an excellent idea, and since it is the middle of the day it’s relatively unoccupied. The men’s bath house is a different story, from what little I’ve heard, and remains busy from sunup to sundown as it serves as an important fixture for community conversation and socializing.

 Here it is only myself, Naryu, and a few other older women who mostly mind their own business. While not as modestly covered as I am, there is at least some code of modesty here. It’s a place to relax, not take a bath to get clean, after all. “You seem like you needed this, hero, and I can’t say I’m surprised.” The mysterious and often flirtatious assassin says to me before taking a sip from the glass of wine that somehow appeared on the tile near her. “Needed this? Yes. Hero? No. That’s Lukas, I’m simply the one sent to go deal with things out here while he’s busy elsewhere.” The mention of Lukas makes her snicker a little “You mean your strange little friend that’s not particularly sociable and seems perfectly content to stay holed up in some dusty old library full of tomes?” That’s the one, the one and only Lukas Stivell. Perhaps the most un-hero-like hero to ever grace this planet, all because of an unexpected and even more unpleasant trip to coldharbour. 

“He could use a day like this.” Naryu adds after a moment, sinking further into the water so as to wet her hair. “I'm not actually sure he knows what self care really is…” That makes her sigh, not out of unhappiness as much mild annoyance and to convey her lack of surprise. “I'm taking both of you for a spa day if nobody kills me, or you, first.” That was not an offer so much as a threat. Given her line of work, and the general state of the war, that last statement regarding getting killed also is no exaggeration, it could happen at any time. For now, I will simply enjoy this small bit of self care with a bubble bath, and time with my very unlikely friend…and a bottle of wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment